Pay and Allowances
As part of the Indian Armed Forces the hard work you put in makes a huge difference to our people and our nation every single day. This doesn’t go unrecognised, that’s why Government of India offer a generous benefits package to match.
All Defence jobs come with full training and development, excellent pay and help with travel and accommodation too.
- Even before you are Commissioned as an Air Force Officer you start earning a monthly stipend of Rs. 56,100/- during last one year of your training period at any of the Air Force Training Institutions.
- The following Pay / Allowances would be applicable on grant of Commission to Flying Officers:-
- Pay in Pay Band ( Common to all Branches ) – Rs 56,100 Per Month ( The officer will be placed in Level 10 in the Pay Matrix of VIIth CPC – 56,100-1,10,700)
- Military Service Pay :- Rs 15,500 Per Month
- Other allowances such as Transport allowance, Children Education Allowance, HRA etc. are also admissible to Officers.
- In addition the following allowances are admissible to the newly Commissioned Officers in Flying and Technical Branches
- Flying Allowance to Flying Branch Officers.
- Technical Allowance to Technical Branch Officers.
As you grow in rank and stature in the Air Force, your income and other entitlements also increase in harmony with your enhanced responsibilities.
Source: Indian Airforce