De Novo Selection System – 3 Day SSB
By Vedansh Sahu (Founder)
The existing Services Selection Board (SSB), in vogue since 1948, is a five-day long process for officer selection which includes an interview, group testing and psychological testing of the aspirants.
As our society is very dynamic, everything around us is changing, human behaviour and perception is also changing. On the other hand current SSB interview system is running since 1948 with minor changes. If asked many candidates might feel the same that there is an endless scope to improve the current SSB interview system.
Why do we need De Novo Selection System
- To reduce the time at SSB which is 5 days now.
- To assess more candidates by reducing the time.
- New testing as per the current ideologies and society.
- Modern techniques of behavioral testing are available and can be implemented easily.
- To reduce the deficiency of officers in the armed forces.
What could be seen in De Novo Selection System
- It will accomplish the SSB testing in 03 days.
- New techniques of behavioral testing will be implemented.
- It will also make a fair and transparent system by minimising human subjectivity and reduce long lead time and time taken for SSB and medicals.
- It will make the selection process convenient for the candidates.
- All the 3 testing techniques will be there with modifications.
- Tests like screening and Psych could go online.
Only motive behind introduction of De Novo system is to increase ability to handle more batches in a year without compromising with the quality. However, it is not been implemented yet.